fatman Find the clues!

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

An Ugly Birth

Day 1- Progress on Slow Rot Boogie has been poor. It's high school essay writing all over again. I've basically written the title and stared at a blank page for an hour. Then I drew smiley faces in the 'o's. Another hour passes. The page is now filled with fornicating stick figures and my attempt at celebrity signatures.

There is a Raymond Chandler quote that goes "When in doubt, have a man come through the door with a gun in his hand." I'm going to apply the same principles but using zombies. With guns. How much better would some novels be with an animated corpse ripping into the flesh of the living? Thomas Hardy's Tess of the d'urbervilles would have been immensely more enjoyable had Tess been chased by an army of putrid, stinking ghouls instead of being an unreadable pile of filth that teachers forced to make us read at gunpoint. Or even 20,000 Leagues under the Sea....With a Zombie Horde. Would it not somehow be more terrifying with the corpse of Pierre Arronax lunching on the crew of the Nautilus' innards and then slowly taking over the vessel?

Day 2- I'm running out of ideas. I want to kill everyone. However mum has come back from one of her ever increasing business trips to Japan with comics so I can drown out the murderous impulses from my mind with cartoony stories. A thousand words into Slow Rot Boogie and I suddenly realize that there is bugger all time to edit anything. You just plonk down the ideas and keep on writing.

Children of the Night, what sweet music they make,
Fatman

3 Comments:

Blogger GG said...

May I suggest plagiarising the plotline from Jane Austen's 'Emma' as I figure she needed a good sorting out. I loved the book, but ever since Gwyneth Paltrow took to the screen I have had a burning desire to see the character (and indeed the mother of Apple) slain. Some kind of zombie necrophilia would do the trick.

Enjoy the manga!

12:19 pm  
Blogger Ash Karreau said...

It's all about doing an outline first, so you know where the story's going, and don't end up staring at a blank page for a full day. As to where your story's going, I don't know, but I suggest that it takes plenty of stops at zombie sex scenes.

1:47 am  
Blogger Fatman said...

Jane Austen? Outline? Boy, you guys come up with some wacky stuff. Heh, heh, heh. Outline.

1:51 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home